Da Wikiquote, aforismi e citazioni in libertà.
- For me, the essence of veganism is compassion … not just compassion for animals, but all the way around.
- Compassion, the Ultimate Ethic: An Exploration of Veganism (Wellingborough: Thorsons, 1985), p. 44.
- I suppose I am one: an activist — for animals and a vegan lifestyle. I hear that word, however, and look around to see if someone is indeed referring to me.
Main Street Vegan (2012)[modifica]
- Main Street Vegan: Everything You Need to Know to Eat Healthfully and Live Compassionately in the Real World, co-authored with Adair Moran, New York: Penguin, 2012. ISBN 978-1-101-58062-2
- We've all heard it: vegans are cool and plant-based dining is hot. What other diet can promise to keep you trim without working at it, clear clogged arteries, save the lives of animals, and do more to stem climate change than driving a Prius—or not driving at all?
- Cruelty to animals is an enormous injustice; so is expecting those on the lowest rung of the economic ladder to do the dangerous, soul-numbing work of slaughtering sentient beings on our behalf.
- You never know what a man—or a woman—has inside: how much grit, how much courage, how much willingness to change. When someone draws on those qualities, you're looking at a person of substance. And power. And promise. This world needs more of those.
- Ch. 27: Rethink Macho